Last updated: March 8 2023
Recharge Inc. (hereinafter “Recharge”, “we”, “us,” or “our”) wants to help you better understand how we collect, use, and disclose the Personal Information (defined below) we obtain about visitors to our website at https://rechargepayments.com (the “Website”) and in the course of Recharge’s business activities (collectively, our “Services”). Any use of “you” in this Policy refers to any individual who is the subject of and owns any Personal Information that we collect.
We also want to help you understand your rights and choices with respect to this Personal Information. Residents of certain jurisdictions may have additional rights concerning their Personal Information under the laws of those jurisdictions. If you are a resident of California, please refer to the California Privacy Rights Section below. If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information provided below under the Questions and Contact Information Section below.
Through our Services, we collect Personal Information:
- through our business customers that use our Services to enable and manage subscriptions (“Merchants”),
- from our Merchants’ customers (“Subscribers”),
- from visitors to our Website, and
- through other internal and external business partners.
2. Information Recharge Collects
When you use or interact with our Services, we collect the following Personal Information for the following purposes:
|Personal Information Collected
Subscriber names, email addresses, shipping addresses, and billing addresses
|To provide our Services, for example to receive, process, and manage Subscribers’ subscription orders.
|Subscriber Commercial Information
The last 4 digits of Subscriber credit cards, PayPal (or equivalent service) information, products ordered or considered, purchase history, and other order information
|To bill Subscribers and fund Merchants as is necessary to provide our Services. For clarity, full credit card or PayPal (or equivalent service) information is not collected or processed by us directly, but rather by a PCI-compliant third party payment processor selected by each Merchant.
We may anonymize, de-identify, and aggregate order information for purposes of research and creating and distributing case studies and industry reports.
|Personal Information Collected
Information about activity on the Recharge Website, including how and when you visit, browsing history, and your network information (such as the IP address)
|To provide and improve our Services.
Basic computer and network traffic information, in line with the IETF specifications for network connections
|For security and anti-fraud purposes, including identifying and blocking fraudulent connections and enabling user authentications and role authorizations.
Names, emails, addresses, phone numbers, and time zones of employees of our Merchants and business partners
|To provide or seek to provide our Services, for example for marketing and to communicate with Merchants regarding their use of our Services and to correctly format invoices.
To otherwise communicate about our Services, and if you contact us with a question or concern.
To build and maintain our contact lists, including for purposes of working with us for our mutual benefit.
|Personal Information in other cases where you have given us your permission
|For purposes disclosed when requesting permission.
3. Sources of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months since this notice was last updated, we have collected Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- E-commerce platforms
- Our Services products
- Business partners
- Advertising and agency partners
4. How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information to the following parties
- Affiliates. We may disclose any Personal Information we receive with our affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
- Vendors, Service Providers, and Business Partners. We may disclose any Personal Information we receive with vendors, service providers, and business partners retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Merchants. We disclose Personal Information we receive with the relevant Merchant in order to provide our Services.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect Personal Information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Advertising Partners. We advertise our own Services through advertising partners such as LinkedIn and Google. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/ ) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). You may visit these opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt- out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt- out of personalized ads in mobile apps. For avoidance of doubt, we currently do not run third party advertisements on our own Services.
- Public Authority/Agency and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your Personal Information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your Personal Information to additional parties with your consent.
5. Our Purposes for Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose information to the parties listed in Section 4 above for the following purposes:
- Operating Services and Providing Related Support. To provide and operate our Services, communicate with you about your use of the Services, provide troubleshooting and technical support, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, process your payments, communicate with you, and for similar service and support purposes.
- Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your Personal Information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- Marketing. We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party ad networks in order to serve advertisements on our Website, and on third-party sites or other media. This enables us and these third parties to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose your Personal Information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect You, Us, and Others. We disclose your Personal Information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
6. What Types of Personal Information We Disclose
Our vendors will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to you and to us.
- We may share Subscribers’ names, emails, phone numbers, and shipping and billing address information with the relevant e-commerce platform in order to provide Merchants with our Services, including keeping your contact and account information updated as between Recharge and the relevant e-commerce platform.
- We may share credit card and billing address information of a Subscriber with payment gateways in order to provide Merchants with our Services.
- We may share shipping address information of a Subscriber with address validation and fulfillment services to provide Merchants with our Services.
- We may share your Personal Information with other vendors if you have asked us to do so or have given your consent.
7. Cookies and Similar Technologies
8. Your Rights and Choices
- How You Can Request to Access, Delete, or Update Your Personal Information
You can request to access, delete, or update your Personal Information with us at any time by emailing us at [email protected] with: (1) first and last name; (2) email address; and (3) phone number.
We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request or, where necessary, to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requestor.
For more information about our privacy practices, you may contact us as set forth in the Questions and Contact Information Section below.
For Subscribers, please contact the Merchant to request to access, delete, or update your Personal Information.
- How You Can Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent and opt out of our collection and use of your Personal Information at any time, free of charge, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at:
1507 20th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
For Subscribers, please contact the Merchant to withdraw your consent and opt out.
Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
To authorize an agent to withdraw consent on your behalf, please send us an email via the Questions and Contact Information Section. To authorize an agent to make an opt-out request on your behalf, please send a written authorization signed by you and the authorized agent to us via the Questions and Contact Information Section.
Click here to manage your cookie settings on our Website.
- Do Not Track
There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and our systems do not recognize such signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this Policy (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Click here to manage your cookie settings on our Website.
- EEA and UK Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK), you have the following rights. If you are a Subscriber, please contact the relevant Merchant directly for information about how to exercise these rights.
Right to be informed: You have the right to know what Personal Information we collect about you, how we use it, for what purpose and in accordance with which lawful basis, who we share it with and how long we keep it. We use this Policy to explain this.
Right to Access (commonly known as a “Subject Access Request”): You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information.
Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete information you believe is incomplete.
Right to be Forgotten: Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information.
Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to us processing your Personal Information. If you object to us using your Personal Information for marketing purposes, we will stop sending you marketing material.
Right to Restrict Processing: Under certain conditions, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information.
Right to Data Portability: Under certain conditions, you have the right to request we transfer the Personal Information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
Right to Withdraw Consent: If you have provided your consent for us to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) you originally agreed to, unless we are permitted by law to do so.
Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, if you are concerned about the way in which we are handling your Personal Information.
How to Exercise Your Rights: You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details in the Questions and Contact Information Section. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. We may require you to verify your identity before we may respond to you.
Although we urge you to contact us to find a solution for every concern you may have, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
Submitting Privacy Rights Requests: If any of the rights described in the Sections above apply to you, you may exercise your rights by the means listed in Section 8.1.
- California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), residents of the state of California, USA, have the following rights in addition to the choices described above in this Policy, where applicable. If you are a Subscriber, please contact the relevant Merchant directly for information about how to exercise your privacy rights. This Section does not address or apply to our handling of Personal Information that is exempt under the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed: The following describes the categories of Personal Information (as enumerated in the CCPA) that we collect. For more information about these categories, and the business and commercial purposes for which we may collect or disclose such Personal Information, please review the sections above.
- Identifiers. We collect identifiers such as your name, address, email, IP address, and other online identifiers from you automatically when you visit our Website and from relevant Merchants. For information about our purpose for processing identifiers, please refer to Section 2. We may disclose this information to our vendors, relevant Merchants, analytics and advertising partners, and affiliates, as described above in Sections 4 and 5 above. We do not sell Personal Information, as this term is defined under the CCPA.
- Commercial information. We collect information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories directly from you and from relevant Merchants. For information about our purpose for processing identifiers, please refer to Section 2. We may disclose this information to our vendors, relevant Merchants, affiliates, and advertising and analytics partners, as further described in Sections 4 and 5 above. We do not sell Personal Information, as this term is defined under the CCPA.
- Financial information. We collect the last 4 digits of Subscriber credit cards and Paypal (or equivalent service) information, as relevant, directly from you. For information about our purpose for processing identifiers, please refer to Section 2. We do not disclose this information. Further, we do not sell Personal Information, as this term is defined under the CCPA.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. We collect information automatically from you when you visit our website, such as browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding interactions with an internet website, application, or advertisement, including other usage data related to your use of any of our Services or other online services. For information about our purpose for processing identifiers, please refer to Section 2. We may disclose this information with our vendors, analytics and advertising partners, and affiliates, as further described in Sections 4 and 5 above. We do not sell Personal Information, as this term is defined under the CCPA.
Right to Know: With respect to the Personal Information we have collected about you in the past 12 months, you have the right to request from us (up to twice per year and subject to certain exemptions):
- Categories of Personal Information about you we have collected.
- The sources from which we have collected that Personal Information.
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed that Personal Information.
Right to Access: You also may have the right to receive a copy of the specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected.
Right to Delete: Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, you may have the right to request deletion of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
Right to Correct: You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information. If you need to update your Personal Information with us, you may do so at any time by using the methods described in Section 8.1 above.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure: Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, you may have the right to limit the use and disclosure of “Sensitive Personal Information,” as defined under the CPRA. However, we do not engage in activities triggering this right.
“Shine the Light” Disclosure: We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described in this Section.
Authorized Agent: You may designate someone as an authorized agent to submit requests and act on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
Submitting Privacy Rights Requests: Please note if you are a Subscriber, you must contact the relevant Merchant directly about your privacy rights. You may exercise your rights by the means listed in Section 8.1 or by filling out this CCPA Request Form and mailing it to us at 1507 20th St., Santa Monica, CA 90404. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information in our records. You must provide the following information with your request: (1) first and last name, (2) email address, and (3) phone number for verification. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request or, where necessary, to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requestor.
9. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
If you are located in the EEA or UK, we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis” such as:
- Contractual Necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, including, for example, to respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, including, for example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
10. International Data Transfers
The Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, which may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
If you are based in the EEA or UK, your Personal Information may also be held, processed and accessed outside the EEA or UK to countries that have not been determined by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of data protection, for instance the United States. In any such transfer, we will put in place appropriate data protection safeguards (e.g., European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses). Also, we or our third-party service providers may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. For additional information on the transfers, please contact us using the Questions and Contact Information Section below.
We have implemented precautions designed to protect the Personal Information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
12. Data Retention
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a de-identified form when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of Services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and any mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations. If we de-identify any Personal Information, we will not attempt to reidentify it.
13. Children’s Privacy
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence, and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information in violation of this Policy, you may notify us at [email protected].
14. External Links
When you use our Website and Services, you may find links to other websites we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of your Personal Information. You should review their terms and conditions and privacy policies before proceeding to that site.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any adjustments to this Policy on this page, and the revised version will be effective when it is posted.
16. Questions and Contact Information
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our processing activities, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights outlined above, please email us at [email protected] or by mail at:
1507 20th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
For UK/EEA-based Merchants, our Data Protection Officer is Evalian Limited. Please use the above contact information to reach out to the DPO.