Our mission is to connect and empower the world through payments
What we do
We’re an ecommerce solution empowering merchants to grow and scale their subscription businesses.
In 2014, we launched ReCharge to make payments easy for everyone.
- 2014 %timestamp%Under the name Bootstrap Heros we first started off as three people in an apartment trying to solve one of the biggest problems facing Shopify merchants: recurring payments. In October after many months of development trial and error we launched ReCharge Payments in the Shopify App Store.%timestamp%
- 2015 %timestamp%Fueled by energy drinks and muffins our team raced to complete features as competition entered the market. Eventually we became the preferred partner of Shopify Plus and left our white board lined apartment for an office in Santa Monica.%timestamp%
- 2016 %timestamp%With an eye towards the future we started building our own API and we began hiring our customer success team to provide premium support for our growing merchant base.%timestamp%
- 2017 %timestamp%We focused on building out our API which enabled us to launch third party integrations and also use the API for complex internal features.%timestamp%
- 2018 %timestamp%With a product now used by millions of consumers every month we focused on improving the customer experience with new features like Apple Pay and a Theme Engine. We also began aggressively hiring the best talent we could find to join our mission.%timestamp%
- 2019 %timestamp%In 2019 we invested in our engineering infrastructure and our people. We launched our Analytics product and also landed our biggest merchant to date as our platform has become widely accepted as the market leader.%timestamp%
- 2020 %timestamp%Our collective experience as a company has prepared us for the dynamic world around us. With the right tools teams and processes in place we are well positioned to enable our customers and employees to thrive.%timestamp%
ReCharge is trusted by the largest subscription brands.
We’re proudly led by some of the brightest minds in ecommerce.
Co-founder & CEO
What is your vision for the company?
The ReCharge vision is to create a world where payments are frictionless. We support this vision by connecting and empowering the world through payments.
What drives operational success at ReCharge?
We set quarterly goals for the company and hold each department accountable to those quarterly OKRs. More importantly, we spend time focusing on the ‘why’ and how we plan to measure success. It’s important each team member knows why we’re focused on select initiatives and not being distracted by others. Each individual takes ownership towards hitting these goals and can easily recognize where they personally made impact.
How does forecasting impact how we make business decisions?
The forecasting process is designed to help the team strategically invest in the future growth of ReCharge. Through an understanding of data and financial metrics, the process helps inform where we decide to invest in the business, prioritization, and ensuring we are dedicating the right amount of resources to any given initiative.
VP of People Operations
What do you love about ReChargers?
There are so many reasons to love ReChargers, but what stands out among all is ReChargers are smart and good people who know who they are. Every quirk, eccentricity & youness shines, creating a very special culture that feels good to be a part of.
VP of Customer Success
How do you empower the team to support customers?
At ReCharge we empower our world wide customer facing teams with the knowledge, capacity, systems and tools to help our merchants succeed. We are here for our customers 24/7 with support options ranging from self guided solutions to fully managed account offerings.
VP of Product Strategy
What is your long term vision for the product?
As we create a world where payments are frictionless, we need to continue our focus on integrations that provide customized solutions for our merchants, expanding our existing product lines, and investing in our core recurring billing solution.
VP of Marketing
How does your team impact ReCharge?
The marketing team has two primary focuses: Enable our merchants with timely and relevant resources that will help them grow their business and support our customer-facing teams with the resources they need to be successful.
What is the most challenging problem your team works on?
Charging millions of people for their subscriptions on a rotating schedule is one thing. Doing it reliably, fast, and in a manner flexible enough to support the needs and wants of our many stores is a huge engineering feat.
VP of Growth and Partnerships
How does sales look like at ReCharge?
We focus on being consultants first and foremost. We believe that making our merchants successful, will make us successful, too. This means jumping into the deep end with merchants scoping out solutions, being thought leaders and helping increase their customer lifetime value.
How we work
We’re a fully remote company with over 200 team members across 10 countries.
At ReCharge, we are committed to building a fully remote company while providing our team members an extraordinary work culture. Our diverse teams stay connected with Slack and Zoom while working from their homes, co-working spaces and coffee shops – wherever there is an internet connection! Working remotely enables our team members to take more control, gain autonomy and achieve balance in their lives. Above all, we realize if ReChargers are empowered to pursue their best self at work, they will help change the world.
Learn more about how we work on our Culture Blog
We champion three core values at ReCharge and recognize our team members living those values everyday.
Drive impact by taking ownership and helping your team achieve their goals. You are accountable to yourself, your peers, our customers, and the mission of the company.
Launch the simplest solution possible to drive value to customers and build from there.
Empathize with your peers and ReCharge customers by communicating clearly, supporting each other, and doing the right thing.
Make a difference with ReCharge
The opportunity to shape and grow the world economy is here. Think you're a good fit for our team? Check out our open opportunities and find your passion at ReCharge!
View open opportunities